The New Public Health: An Introduction for the 21st Century
The New Public Health will help students and practitioners understand factors affecting the reform process of health care organization and delivery. It links the classic public health issues such as environmental sanitation, health education, and epidemiology with the new issues of universal health care, economics, and management of health systems for the new century.
* Provides a comprehensive overview of public health from a global perspective
* Assesses health systems models of the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Scandinavian countries, and developing countries including China, Nigeria, and Colombia
* Analyzes critical issues of health economics, including forces associated with escalating costs and the strategies to control those costs
* Discusses strategies for dealing with the many ramifications of managed care
* Links medicine with the social sciences, technology, and health management issues as they evolve
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|